Tuesday, January 25, 2011

asheville visit

Over the weekend I got together with two old friends in Asheville. We stayed up late drinking wine and telling tall tales. It was just what I needed. I love that even though we all live in different cities and don't get together very often, we pick right up without a trace of distance. They're the reason I loved college.
asheville_ladies
Between the endless chatter, we visited the Biltmore. Even my wine head from the night before did little to distract me from how gorgeous it is. I had no idea. Seriously amazing. After exploring the mansion we headed down to the Red Stag bar in the village. It's decked out in dark paneling kind of like a hunting lodge, but much fancier. Big ole fireplace and these crazy chairs with a photo printed on the fabric.
bar-seating
We had the best time and nothing like a little road trip to spice things up.
IMG_6025

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Sounds like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to have a cup of coffee with your long time friend. I bet you had a splendid time together.

    ReplyDelete