Sunday, May 23, 2010

all dressed up

Their clothes were all set out. Cufflinks, shoes and pearls. Momma and Daddy-O were off to a ball. It reminded me of when I was little. I'd watch them get all dressed up and dapper then Wilbur and I were left to play with the babysitter we adored. This didn't happen very often, but I remember all of the dresses Momma wore. The fuschia tulip style cocktail number, the long swan like gown and the silver Asian dress that fit like a glove. They're all hanging in the closet in fact, waiting to be twirled around one more time.

IMG_0978
IMG_0989

Friends Fiona & Jim came by for a little sip of champers before they all headed out. And even brother Will was all gussied up for his committee job. I was a little sad to be staying at home, but my feet were not. The terriers, Coop and I all settled into the living room while I read my book and ate pizza. Not a bad alternative indeed.

IMG_1004

1 comment:

  1. i'd have been there with you and the puppy dogs, buns - couch and pizza! will looks entirely too grown up and mrs. brockman, you look entirely not too grown up! what's your secret? you look every bit as young as you did during the bell's bend days! gorgeous! hope it was a beautiful night at cheekwood!

    ReplyDelete