Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Party

Sunday's Super Bowl was such a good excuse for a party. Party for two that is. What I really care about is the food and the commercials. I dig a little football, but I didn't really care who won this one. So, I got right in the kitchen to start cookin' it up. Now, these are NOT recipes for foodies, but they were totally good for a football soiree. Meatballs, Potato Skins & Guacamole. See, I told yall these were nothin' fancy. And you can't have a Super Bowl party without some beer. Well, maybe you can, but the two really go together in our house. I had a bit of a non-alcoholic one and hubs had a much more delicious local brew called Thomas Creek. It's delicious and made right here in Greenville. We had way too much fun at our party for two and were left with a smorgasbord of leftovers. I hope you had a good one too!

IMG_9122

IMG_9128

And we HAD to end on with something sweet so I made this dessert. I'd seen it on my friend Nicole's blog and was just waiting for the right night. I did half pears, half apples & used granola with the oats since that's what I had. It was just the right amount of sweetness and crunch.

IMG_9135

No comments:

Post a Comment