Tuesday, February 2, 2010

boho baby

I discovered a really cool chick today named Catherine Fitzsimmons. She owns Rikshaw Design… "for the bohemian baby" which is right up my alley. I'd bookmarked her site a while back and then saw an interview. She used to work as a visual merchandiser for Ralph Lauren and then as a textile buyer for Pottery Barn. On a trip to India she fell in love with Indian block-printing and ta-dah, Rikshaw Design was born. Fun. Great taste and she has a yellow lab. I want to be friends with her!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aren't the patterns just yummy!? My fave are the elephant shaped pillows. I do believe those would look smashing in my own bedroom. I love seeing examples of young women running their own businesses. Truly inspiring. "Leap and the net shall follow" - her favorite quote is perfect.

blankets

wood blocks they use in India to make the patterns
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. she is absolutely adorable and love her line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to send her a picture of my stuffed elephant. I am sure she will love, love him and want
    to reproduce his image with her fabrics. You are on the cusp yourself darling daughter, so get your products out there!!! I am off to Kentucky tomorrow with Caldonia in tow. luv, mums

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, me gusta mucho. maybe when i decide to splurge on kate's big girl room and replace the $30 tarjay quilts i will see what this gal has up her sleeve.

    ReplyDelete