Friday, November 20, 2009

turkey time

Ahhh, to be young again. Just kidding, I'm still purdy young. It's just that last night I wasn't feeling oh so youthful. Trevor had some classmates over before heading to a concert down the street. A few were 22 and one of their girlfriends, still in college. I said I graduated in '01 and you could tell she was trying to figure out how old that would make me. Sweet. My, how much changes in those years. I was the boring old lady, and stayed home while they went to rock out to Robert Earl Keen. Not my cup of tea, but it was fun to have some folks over and entertain.

IMG_8428

It's a gorgeous Fall day here, but I don't have much to share with you… except a little shameless Tenn Hens promotion. Currier (my biz partner) designed these Thanksgiving invitations for a client recently, and I think they're simply gorgeous. This big gobbler has been eating well.

IMG_8440

In our family it's a phone call or an email with what to bring and what time to show up. Boring. Maybe I should bring this up when we gather. Honestly though, it will be a lost cause. Unless I do them of course. I guess I should be worried more about the food anyway. After all, that's the very best part. Hubs and I are assigned a green vegetable, ho hum, and are currently arguing over green beans (him) vs. brussell sprouts (moi). What I REALLY want to make though is this winning pie I saw on Martha the other day. Yes, please. I don't know if I can swing it though since we're doing my family dinner early on Wednesday. Can you make a pie 2 days ahead? Hmm… too bad I don't have Martha on speed dial. Tootleoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment