Tuesday, October 20, 2009

alumni weekend

I have now been to Clemson University 3 times. Pitiful really, but it is a 45 minute drive so that's my excuse. The campus is beautiful and sits on a lake. In fact, it totally reminds me of of my days at Auburn. Apparently the same guy built both campuses. Anyway, it was alumni weekend and there was a dinner for the current & past MRED students and faculty. So hubs and I got dressed up real pretty and headed to campus. I wanted to take my camera, but thought that might be overkill meeting some of these people for the first time. So no pics, but we had fun and I enjoyed meeting the only other "wife." Saturday, Trevor woke up early for tailgate time. I passed on the game this round. Just not feeling up to tailgating at 10 o'clock in the morning and being at the cold, rainy game all day. I was a little lonesome, but busied myself with a trip to the bookstore. I can spend hours looking at all the pretty books and flipping through magazines. Plus I treated myself to a seriously delicious pumpkin spice latte. Oh my.

hubs coming in the door from game day :
T-game

We had our first overnight guest over the weekend as well. An old college friend of T's was nearby at a fishing tournament so he swung into Greenville, bass boat towing behind. He had all kinds of gear, including at least 19 fishing rods. We cooked a hearty, Sunday meal and enjoyed some down time at home with a friend.

IMG_8062

IMG_8073

No comments:

Post a Comment