Wednesday, September 23, 2009

black tie & biscuits

Another reason I was back home for the weekend was for a dear friend's wedding. Katie and I go way back. I'm talking pre-first days at Ensworth School.

Trevor and I carpooled with the parentals to the big event. The bride was gorgeous with this asymmetrical bow on the back of her dress - stunning really. Belle Meade Country Club is an old institution in Nashville. It's like being in someone's really large, really fancy home, only it has waiters and a huge golf course outside. Now I wish I'd had my camera because we saw so many friends. Mom and I had our own little dance session with the band, doing something they called the "funky chicken." Yikes! I'm hopeful there's no evidence on a video camera out there.

I did manage to take some pics when we all got home - probably would have been prettier pre-dancing the night away, but you get the idea.

Photobucket

Mom's new purple heels I borrowed for the evening - if they go-a-missin' you know where to find them.

IMG_7669

We awoke the next morning to momma making biscuits. Perfect for soaking up a little too much of a good time. Mmm, it's good to live in the South.

buttermilk

IMG_7674

and after all this crazy rain......... we were given a beautiful rainbow
IMG_7679

No comments:

Post a Comment