Monday, August 10, 2009

moving day

So it's farewell to twang town - at least for a little while. We've been planning for this day for a few months now. I have to say, I never thought I'd be moving away at this point, but life is full of changes and this is a big 'un. Trevor and I are truly excited though and ready for a new adventure. I'm so proud of him and I know this program is going to be an amazing opportunity.

On to the move: A bit of an overkill according to the movers, but we rented a huge rig that Trevor's dad, Mike, offered to drive. We packed it up and rolled into town last night.

When we pulled up to the bugalow (our new abode), the local movers were there to greet us and they were quite a site. Meet Doug - no teeth, one dangling cross earring, a mohawk and the strong smell of cheap booze - nice. "Watch yourself," is all the husband said to me.


doug

It was one heck of a long day, but we made it! Now, it's just trying to find where I packed everything - yikes.

big-truck


No comments:

Post a Comment